What is HTTP error 500:
It is a very complex error in which your internal server gets crashed due to main two reasons:
- You have installed a faulty plugin which is causing your server to crash. Or you have downloaded the plugin from the third-party developer and your server do not accept it. As sometimes various plugins have scripts that make internal servers to crash and you get an HTTP error 500.
- Another reason for HTTP error 500 is that you have installed a theme from the third-party basis. And the theme is not compatible with your version of WordPress. In my case, the main reason for HTTP error 500 was a faulty theme. As the theme was not compatible with my version of WordPress and it was giving me an internal error. My hosting provider was GoDaddy. So, it can also be the main reason for HTTP error 500. So always check the theme you are going to install is either compatible with your version of WordPress.
How to solve HTTP error 500:
For solving this problem you need to log in to your hosting account. As you can also delete plugins and themes directly from your hosting and cPanel account. So you need to go into your cPanel and follow steps as given below:
- First, log in to your cPanel.
- Then select your site which shows HTTP error 500.
- Go to File Manager option from there.
- Select Web Root from there.
- Your site’s file manager will open in a new tab.
- After opening File manager search for wp-content.
- Open the wp-content tab and you will be able to see all the contents of your website.
- From there you can select any latest plugin or theme you recently downloaded which might be causing the HTTP error 500.
- If it is a theme you can also select the theme and delete it from here.
- Then your site will be shifted to the default theme you first used.
So it was all in how you can easily solve HTTP error 500 completely.
NOTE: Always try to install themes and plugins from WordPress and not from third-party developers. As they are the main factor in showing HTTP error 500 in your site.
If you have still any query you can ask them in the comments section below.
READ MORE: Best Upcoming Smartphones of 2019